Welcome to the 2022-23 school year at
Governor Livingston High School
About the PTO
We need every family’s support for GLPTO. Click here for 2022-2023 Family Membership & Faculty/Staff Membership Forms – pay through PayPal or send in a check to the school office marked “GLPTO Membership”. We ask for $25/family for membership dues. Additional donations are welcome. Any amount contributes so please consider what you can give.
Did you know?
Many of the programs, benefits and services provided at GLHS are funded by the PTO. In the 2022-2023 school year we will support the students with Student Appreciation days and encourage our seniors with eligibility for 25 scholarships, plus Project Graduation events like the Senior Breakfast, Senior Picnic and Project Graduation. Post-pandemic, we are starting up many programs again that have been on hold since 2020. This year, we hope to bring back the Creative Arts Showcase and help with the College Fair, which have both been missed during the pandemic timeframe.
We have also funded many features within and around the school which support all of our students. Please see below for a list of enhancements provided by GLPTO for the past 10 years!
Not only does the PTO focus on enhancing the student experience, but it also supports the in-classroom experience by supporting the teaching staff with grants for classroom needs, staff appreciation days and staff recognition. In addition, we are planning to add some relevant parent programs to support our families overall.
In 2021/2022 the GL PTO spent almost $8,000 on programs and purchases at the high school. These included the following:
Teacher Grants: $900
Student Appreciation $500
Hospitality/Staff Appreciation: $1600
Teacher recognition $360
We would normally have provided a gift to school, but our membership enrollment has been down -35% since the pandemic. Without our membership dues and donations, we have very little revenue to fund all of these programs. We urge every family to give what they can to support these programs and especially for families of seniors so they are eligible for many of the senior benefits.
All members are welcome to attend all meetings where committee chairs and administrators provide regular updates on Curriculum, Budget, BOE and School news.
Join us — and make a difference!!
Click HERE for membership.
GLPTO Gifts to School 2013-2022
· 2021 – GLPTO provided 2 washable GLHS masks for every student and faculty member during the pandemic.
· 2020 – GLPTO funded the Wellness Room with furnishings and features for all students to enjoy a comfortable space when needed.
· 2019 – Hallway signs were added to direct students quickly to all of the rooms and important areas within the school.
· 2018 Cool the School: The GLPTO approved a project to air condition all of the classrooms in GL. The total project cost was $48,000 and most of it was completed in only one year!!
· 2016-2017 summer the GLPTO provided the funding for 35-40 white boards to be installed in the classrooms at a cost of $9,300. We contributed $4,000 for Marlon Smith, a nationally acclaimed motivational speaker, to present student and parent programs. The GL PTO paid for 2 water bottle filling stations for a cost of almost $2,800.
· 2016 - The GL PTO purchased a site license for Adobe Creative Suite 6.0 for $13,500. This software is used by students in eight classes, the yearbook and the newspaper. The PTO also refurbished 2 staff lounges and the guidance conference room for a total of $7,500.
· In 2014-2015, the entire HIGHLANDER WAY, at a cost of $31,200, was installed by the varsity softball field. Families can continue to purchase commemorative bricks to honor their GL students. (click here to purchase a brick)
· In 2013, the GLPTO replaced the marquis sign at the student's entrance with a full color electronic sign at a cost of $11,500.