Facility Use Request
Important reminders regarding building use. This information can also be found in Resolution 7510 and Policy 2431.4, which you will be required to agree to when submitting a request:
- Requests for 'field' usage must be done through Tom Barton, Director of Berkeley Heights Recreation via email at email@example.com by phone at 908-464-0550.
- A request for facility space must be submitted at least 5 days in advance of the event date. If it is less than 5 days, you will not be able to submit the request.
- If you have to cancel an event, you must call the Superintendent's Office at 908-464-1718 ext. 1000 at least 24 hours in advance so that the head custodian can be notified. This is especially important in the evenings when the custodian has to set-up for a group and/or waits for a group to arrive.
- A current Certificate of Insurance in the amount of not less than $50,000 per person, per occurrence must list Berkeley Heights Public Schools as the Certificate Holder.
- Organization leaders are responsible for supervising the students at all times, which includes bathroom use. No student should be in any place except in the location identified or the bathroom with supervision.
- The area used should be left in the same condition as it was when the group entered it. The organizational leader must ensure that nothing is touched or used in the space that belongs to the school and/or the teacher. If damage occurs, it is the responsibility of the organization to repair/replace the item(s).
- You cannot edit/change a request once it is submitted. You will have to cancel the original request and re-enter a new one.
REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT
All facility use requests are completed online. The first step needed to make an online facility use request is to create a user account. You can do so by clicking the Register icon above. Be sure to complete all information fields and then click Create User Account button. If your registration was successful you will receive an e-mail confirmation. The video and Quick Start Guide below will provide additional information.
"Tutorial for Creating an Account"
Quick Start Guide
If you choose to reserve space in our buildings, please keep in mind that fees may be charged to offset associated custodial costs. Any organization using district facilities must meet insurance requirements and upload a current Certificate of Insurance file before submitting a request. Click here to view the fee schedule.