Spring Sports for Student-Athletes
Baseball & Softball
All student-athlete forms must be cleared by the district doctor before the athlete is eligible to participate.
Students may not be approved before try-outs begin if the forms are submitted after the due date.
Columbia Middle School- SPRING SPORTS INFORMATION
BASEBALL Start Date: Monday April 11, 2023, Forms due March 31
CMS Baseball Coach: RJ Devish email@example.com
SOFTBALL Start Date: Monday April 11, 2023, Forms due March 31
CMS Softball Coach: Rick Ortega firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1: Complete the FormReLeaf registration.
Step 2: The athlete’s doctor and parent must complete the New Jersey Preparticipation Physical Evaluation PPE and the NJ Health History Update Questionnaire. Scan the PPE and Health History Update Questionnaire and email the forms to SPrendeville@bhpsnj.org.
- Page 1 of the PPE, The Health History, must be completed by the parent. All YES answers on the History Form must be explained. All cardiac history or testing (ECG, EKG, Echocardiogram, etc.) noted on the History Form requires cardiac clearance by the student athlete’s doctor.
- Page 3 & 4 must be completed and signed by a physician who has completed the Cardiac Assessment Professional Development Module.
- Each student-athlete in grades 6 through 12 must present a completed PPE form based on a physical conducted within 365 days prior to the first day of tryouts.
- The Berkeley Heights School District Physician (Care Station) must approve and sign the PPE performed by a private doctor after it is submitted to the Health Office before the student receives clearance to participate. This process can take up to 10 days.
- If the athlete requires emergency medication (Epipen or inhaler), forms completed by the private physician are required. Permission for self-administration is strongly encouraged. If self-administration permission is not included, 2 sets of EpiPens and/or the inhaler are required - one to remain at school and one for the coach to carry. Medication Forms
Step 3: Athletes participating in at least one sport and any activities must pay the 2022-2023 activity fee of $100.00 before tryouts begin Pay Schools Central. I do not have access to view payments, so it is helpful if you send a screenshot of the payment confirmation to SPrendeville@bhpsnj.org
Step 4: After forms are submitted, they will be sent to the School District Doctor for review and clearance. An athlete may not participate until all 4 steps are complete.
- Students participating in activities but NO sports must pay a fee of $75.00. The maximum fee for a family (all schools) is $350.
- All PaySchools Central fee questions should be directed to the BH Board of Education, Business Office/Nancy Floyd email@example.com.