• Answers to Frequently Asked Questions                                                                                                                                                                                 

    How do I report my child absent?  To report an absence call the Absentee Line at 908-464-1600 and press 1 for attendance.      

    Do I need to report my child absent every day when they stay home?  Yes or you may report extended absences when you leave a message on the Absentee Line.  

    Does my child need a school physical?  New students are required to have a physical on entrance and athletes who tryout for school teams need a physical every year.

    Are there any new immunization requirement in middle school?  Yes! Meningococcal and Tdap vacines are required for entrance into grade 6 or within 2 weeks following the child's 11th birthday, whichever comes first.

    What temperature is considered a fever?  Any temperature over 100 is considered a fever.

    My child has a fever.  When can they return to school?  A child must be fever free for 24 hours without Tylenol or Advil before returning to school. 

    How soon can my child return to school after having gastrointestinal symptoms (vomiting or diarrhea)?   A child must be symptom free for 24 hours before returning to school. 

    Can I send in cough drops for my child?  Yes, but parents must also send in a completed Over-the-Counter Medication form (which can be found and downloaded from this website).    

    I treated my child or one of their siblings for head lice.  Should I call the school nurse?  Yes, please report head lice to the nurse. 

    Should I let the school nurse know if my child has been absent due to strep throat, conjunctivitis or other communicable diseases?  Yes please.

    Can I write a note to excuse my child for gym & recess?  Yes, parents can write an excuse for up to three days.  A note from a physician is required for gym excuses that extend beyond three days. 

    Will my child need a doctor's note for crutches or the elevator?  Yes, a doctor's note is required.

    How often do I need to get a new doctor's order for medication given at school?  Every school year.

    How often do I need to complete an authorization form for over-the-counter medication? Every school year and don't forget to send the medication. 

    How do I register my child for sports at CMS? Complete instructions and forms can be found on the FormReLeaf website.