There are supplies listed on the district website that all first graders are asked to bring in on the first day of school. In addition, I am asking that you provide a few extra items for the classroom:
- 2 favorite books that your child likes to look at, read, or hear (labeled with your child’s name, these will be returned).
- 1 old sock with your child’s name on it (This will be used as a white board eraser.)
- 1 Marble notebook (labeled with your child’s name).
- 1 three ring 1-inch binder (labeled with your child’s name).
- 1 box of Crayola crayons (24 crayon pack).
- 2 recent photos of your child by his/herself (4x6 or 3x5 size).
- 5 photos (in labeled Ziploc bag) that capture 5 DIFFERENT special memories (These are used in Writer’s Workshop.)
- One small item that triggers a special memory for your child. Some examples are: a souvenir purchased on a trip, a special coin or a postcard. It should be something that can fit in your child’s hands and can be displayed on a table. This item will be returned; please label it with your child’s name.
*I recommend that these supplies come to school on Thursday, September 6th. Supplies may also be brought in during the “Meet and Greet” at our school on Wednesday, September 5th.