GLHS Music Theory
Semester 1, Block E
Google Classroom code: woxhxbg
Music Theory deals with the concepts of pitch, rhythm, form, ear training, and music history.
Students in this course are expected to:
- Be on time in their chairs with paper and pencils.
- Check and use e-mail and Google Classroom daily for announcements and assignments.
- Complete all assignments in a timely fashion.
Grades are earned based on the following criteria:
- Class Participation and Preparedness - (25%)
- Homework - (25%)
- Quizzes - (25%) There will be four equally-weighted quizzes (two per marking period)
- Project - (25%) Students will be required to complete a final composition project encapsulating all material covered in class for the semester.
- Simple Meters
- Scales and Major Keys
- Compound Meters
- Minor Keys and Diatonic Modes
- Seventh Chords
- Two-Voice Composition
Class attendance and infraction procedures will follow the School Handbook’s attendance policy.
Parents will be able to monitor student attendance and grades via the Parent Portal. If a parent does not have a login and/or password for the Parent Portal, they can obtain one by contacting Mrs. Milos in the Main Office at Extension 2501.