Non-fiction Websites for RFFI ReadingStudent Resources:Great "Plot" Website: http://www.learner.org/interactives/literature/read/plot1.htmlPlot Diagram Tool from "ReadWriteThink":http://www.readwritethink.org/files/resources/interactives/plot-diagram/Plot and Story Structure Pixar Animated "Short" Films used for Identifying elements of plot and story structure:1. Mike's New Car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u89fttIdWhM&index=8&list=PLNNU0eXUU15ogFo7zrya3Hd4-_Oftg_wD2. Lifted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkYcK3z5Go43. Geri's Game: http:////www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OXJj-pSTvo4. Partly Cloudy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM0JPTMOQA85. Burn-E:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZodeMYYWfvs&index=16&list=PLNNU0eXUU15ogFo7zrya3Hd4-_Oftg_wD6. Presto: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB1Pukr0nFQ&index=15&list=PLNNU0eXUU15ogFo7zrya3Hd4-_Oftg_wD7. Dug's Special Mission: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3KZQO1Wp3Q&index=18&list=PLNNU0eXUU15ogFo7zrya3Hd4-_Oftg_wDComprehension Strategies to Practice at HomeQuestions to ask before reading:
Questions to ask during reading:
- What is the title of the book?
- What does the cover tell you about the book?
- What do you think the book is about?
- What are you curious to find out about this book?
- What do you want to learn?
- Why are you reading this book?
Questions to ask after reading:
- What do you think will happen next?
- What is the problem in the book?
- Why do you think the character did that?
- When you were reading this part, what were you picturing in your mind?
- Describe the setting of the story.
- Describe how a character changed throughout the book.
- Which of the characters did you like best? Why?
- What were some of the problems or situations the characters encountered?
- Tell about a part that you liked or disliked and tell why.