Instructions for student athletes participating in sports during the 2019-20 school year.
The 3 step process!
Step 1- Print, complete and submit the New Jersey Pre-participation Physical Evaluation (PPE) http://www.state.nj.us/education/students/safety/health/records/athleticphysicalsform.pdf
Return the completed PPE form to the Nurse's Office of Governor Livingston High School. Please note that this process MUST be completed in a timely fashion. The Berkeley Heights School District Doctor (Care Station) must sign off/approved on all physical forms prior a student athlete being cleared to participate. Pre-Participation Physical Evaluations (PPE) performed by a private doctor will need to be reviewed and sign off/approved by Berkeley Heights School District Doctor (Care Station). This process that can take up to 10 days.
Physical Examination Form- completed by student athlete’s doctor, who has completed the Cardiac Module.
- Clearance Form- The required PPE must be conducted within 365 days prior to the first official practice in an athletic season.
- Scholastic Student Athlete Safety Act states that prior to participation on a school-sponsored interscholastic athletic team or squad, each student athlete in grades six through 12 must present a completed PPE form. The required PPE must be conducted within 365 days prior to the first official practice in an athletic season. There can be no exceptions.
- The Board of Education Physician (Care Station) must approve allPre-Participation Physical Evaluations (PPE) before a student athlete is cleared to practice/play.
- Students participating in a 2nd or 3rd sport within a school year MUST submit a Health History Update form for each season in addition to the online registration.
If it is your first sport of the year, 2019-2020 Sport Physicals are due:
- 2019 Fall Sports by Friday, July 12, 2019
- 2019-2020 Winter Sport Physicals by Friday, October 11, 2019
- 2020 Spring Sports by Friday, January 31, 2020
No one may participate in tryouts/practices without a Physical that has been approved by the School Physician.
The paperwork for sports physicals will remain hard copy and will reserve a time slot for student athlete physicals. In school sports physicals will be conducted on: May 14, 2019, May 15, 2019 and May 16, 2019
History Form- completed by parents/guardians.
All YES answers on the History Form must be explained.
- All cardiac history or testing (ECG, EKG, Echocardiogram, etc.) noted on the History Form requires cardiac clearance by the student athlete’s doctor.
The Athlete With Special Needs: Supplemental History Form- completed by parents/guardians, even if student athlete does not have special needs. The form has important questions that must be answered by all student athletes.
If the student athlete requires emergency medication (EpiPen or inhaler), forms including permission for self-administration, completed by the private physician are required. Any student requiring medication must submit the appropriate paperwork to the Health Office prior to the start of preseason. Medication forms:
Step 2- Complete the online sports registration- Form ReLeaf:
All Athletic registrations required to participate in High School Interscholastic Sports are now online (excluding Physical & Health History Update Forms).
Online Registration through FormReLeaf will open for the 2019-2020 school year will open on June 1, 2019.
If you do not already have an account with FormReleaf. Click on "SIGN UP" located at the upper right hand corner of this page.
Register as an individual and create your account
On the Top menu bar select “Find Organization”
Search for Governor Livingston and Click On “School Name”
Click on the “Sport Season” you wish to register for
Click the appropriate sport, and fill in all relevant questions. (any question with a red star is required to complete registration)
When finished click “Submit” located in lower right hand corner
Please call Tech Support if you need further assistance @ 1-844-367-6735
Full time Union Magnet/ Vo-Tech Students are able to register by using the link above.
Step 3- Complete the Sports Activity Fee
Log on to the site: www.payforit.net
All student athletes must submit a once per school year Activity Participation fee of $150.00.
Payments can be made online at the www.payforit.net website after July 10, 2019, for the 2019-2020 school year. Please log onto the site and scroll down to the 3rdline:
High School Athletics Fee for 2019-2020- $150.00. Click the big green +to complete the process.
(All Magnet School Students will need to submit a check for the participation fee of $150.00 to the Berkeley Heights Board of Education Business Office- these students do not receive a Power School ID number).
To register on the website you will need your student’s PowerSchool student ID number found by clicking into the Demographic Update page in the parent portal of PowerSchool. Following Name (last, first MI) you will find the student ID number.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or email the Health Office (email@example.com) and (908) 464-3100 ext. 2530. Messages will be checked regularly over the summer.
Please note that once a student athlete has cleared the 3 Step process- you will receive an email indicating your child has been cleared to participate in athletics.