STUDY FOR A TEST IN SOCIAL STUDIES
1. Make sure you have all the papers completed during the unit.
2. Review the unit vocabulary. Ask a partner (sibling, parent, friend, babysitter) to ask you the definitions. Have your partner put a dot next to any missed words. Make index cards for those words.
3. Have a partner ask each bulleted idea in the notes, leaving a blank in each one. If you can answer it, go on to the next one. If you cannot answer it, have the partner put a dot next to the bullet from the notes.**This takes the most time but is worth it ;)**
4. When all the notes have been covered for all sections, then go back and study only the dots (because you knew all the rest).
5. Have a partner ask you only the dotted vocabulary words and notes. If you get it correct, cross off or erase the dot. If you still cannot answer it, have the partner enlarge the original dot.
6. Go back and review the large dots.
7. Have a partner ask you only the larger dots, and continue erasing or enlarging the dots.
8. If you have free time before the test, reread all your notes. If you have only a short time, review all the large dots.