- Grades will be based on rehearsal technique, home practice, playing quizzes, improvement and attendance at lessons and performances.
- All playing quizzes can be retaken at lunch if a student is unhappy with their grade.
- Grade Categories in PowerSchool: Lessons, Class Participation, Playing Quiz, Concert
- Winter Concert will now make up most of your second marking period grade
- Final Exam: 70% Concert preparedness and performance, 30% Scale and/or written test
*Please Note: Attendance at the concert is mandatory. If a student is too ill to come, I must receive an email from a parent/guardian by 6:30PM the night of the concert.
- Practice all music and scales at home when needed
- Attend lessons regularly and be on time and prepared for all rehearsals
- 2 unexcused late to block G class and you will have to make up the warm-up at lunch
- Attend any extra rehearsals, performing field trips and all concerts
- Play with proper technique and good posture
- Work together as a team, be positive and always try to improve
- Small group lessons will be a pull-out of class rotation through every period and/or at lunch.
- Students can miss two lessons per marking period. Their third absence must be made up during lunch. (Private lessons-only exception)
- Private lessons outside of school are the best way to improve!
- Please practice any bow technique, scales and vibrato basics taught during class.
- Concert music and any other additional lesson material should be practiced as needed.
Orchestra Website and Google Classroom
- The lesson schedule, syllabus, playing quiz material, concert dates and any other important information will be posted in google classroom for students. Code: bckmk1
- Connolly’s Website on school wires will also have the concert dates.