Nutrition & Classroom Celebrations/Snacks
For the health and safety of our students, please adhere to the following guidelines for food/snacks in the classrooms:
- All classrooms are NUT FREE which includes foods processed in a facility with nuts.
- Foods served at school must be store bought and labeled with ingredients.
- For class celebrations, food prepared at home, including baked goods and cut up fruit or vegetables are NOT PERMITTED. Only prepackaged food in individual servings and items prepared in a controlled environment (store, factory) may be distributed at school.
- Teachers should communicate food allergies to class parents for celebration planning.
- Class parents should inform the school nurse of planned snacks and receive approval prior to the class celebration
- For class celebrations, Foods of Minimal Nutritional Value (FMNV) as per USDA definition MAY NOT be served. These foods include:
All forms of candy
All food and beverage items listing sugar, in any form, as the first ingredient
No more than 8 grams of fat per total serving
No more than 2 grams of saturated fat per serving
100% of all beverages offered shall be milk, water or 100% fruit or vegetable juice
- No food is allowed for birthday celebrations in school.
- Please contact Mrs. Lake, school nurse with any questions