Click here for the MKM Remote Learning page. On this page you can find information regarding remote learning including Mrs. Corley's MKM Messages, first grade lessons, special area lessons, and guidance counselor page.
Click here for additional online educational resources.
Click here for Mrs. Berry's health lessons and resources.
- Math Lesson 6.1
- Math Lesson 6.2
- Math Lesson 6.4
- Math Lesson 6.5
- Math Lesson 6.8
- Math Lesson 7.1
- Math Lesson 7.2 part 1
- Math Lesson 7.2 part 2
- Writing- Dream Vacation
The categories below have activities that relate to the remote learning lessons we are working on. The activities are optional and are provided here in case you are looking for more content to engage your child at home.
Math Supplemental Activities
- Clock Scavenger Hunt
- Fill in numbers 1-100 on the blank hundreds chart here
- Continue to practice your fact fluency here
- Play "Fact Fluency War" using a deck of cards. Play the traditional "War" game but flip over two cards at a time and add them (if practicing subtraction, subtract the smaller number from the bigger number). The person with the larger sum (or difference) collects all cards. Aces are 1. Jack, Queen, King are 10.
- Play math games here
- Math Card Games
- Number Scroll Pages
- Base Ten Bingo
Writing Supplemental Activities
- Write a small moment story about something you did today. Use your own writing paper or writing paper to print can be found here.
- Write a letter to a friend or family member outside of your house. Mail or e-mail the letter!
- Nonfiction research project: Choose a topic you know a lot about (ex. an animal, a sport, a food, a person, etc.) and write all about what you know. You can make a book, a poster, a slideshow, a pamphlet - anything to share the information!
- Write a poem using your own paper or the poem writing paper found here. You can choose from the following types of poems:
- Repeated line
- Challenge yourself: write a poem that rhymes
Reading Supplemental Activities
- Read a favorite book from home (or from Epic!) and retell the story. You can retell using words, pictures, acting it out, making puppets and putting on a show, etc. Don't forget to include what happened in the beginning, middle and end.
- Play this Indoor Reading Bingo game!
- Visualizing Slideshow
- Character Traits Slideshow
Word Study Supplemental Activities
- Create your own word wall! Use a large piece of paper to write the alphabet across the top. Use this list to create a word wall to use at home.
- Use the list above to create notecards for your word wall words. Play games using these cards: Hangman, Spelling Bee, Scavenger Hunt (search for a given word), Rainbow Writing, Hidden Word Picture, Relay Race (pass the words), or make up your own game!
Science and Social Studies Supplemental Activities
- Bumblebee Conservation Trust Activities
- VitaminBee - a site with recipes, videos and games related to bees!
- Planet Pals Earth Day activities
Poetry Place Poems
- Week of March 30th: "April"
- Week of April 6th: "Hop, Funny Bunny"
- Week of April 13th: "Five Busy Honey Bees"
- Week of April 20th: "Earth Day"
- Week of April 27th: "A Trip to the Zoo"
- Week of May 4th: "May"
- Week of May 11th: "Home Sweet Home"
- Week of May 18th: "Spread! Sprinkle! Sprout!"
- Week of May 25th: "Proud"
- Week of June 1st: "June"
- Week of June 8th: "Sunflakes"
Mrs. Corley's Scavenger Hunts