Great article from the Star Ledger Have Kids at home? Here are some tips
Click here for sites for activities in academics and enrichment: https://www.projectappleseed.org/activities
Check out the We are Teachers site: Enriching activities to do at home-science, field trips, hands-on activities and more
MORE MATH CARD GAMES PRACTICE YOUR MATH FACTS WITH CARDS
- Write a letter to a family member who lives outside of your home and mail it.
- Write a letter to a family member who lives outside your home and email it.
- Write a small moment story. Get inspired by books you are reading-Make a text to self connection and write your own story
- Write an opinion piece. Copy and paste this link for some ideas: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-pxn4BNc5zY2-HpqjY3gA1xrG5pNrBYH/view?usp=sharing
- Keep a science observation journal just like Charles Darwin. Fold paper to make a booklet. When you go outside use your observation skills to notice the world around you. Date your page and write and draw what you notice, think, wonder, and question.
CREATIVE WRITING BEEF UP YOUR CREATIVE WRITING
Other optional activities
We play on the 100's chart-
Here are some sites you can go to:
We practice equivelent equations (we call it red guy and green guy: balancing equations
Here a site for Math Games https://www.mathgames.com/grade1
Optional Math activities
Explore this site: https://toytheater.com/alphabet-tiles/
Board games: https://tabletopia.com/
Scholastic True Videos Choose an area of interest and watch a video
Virtual Visit to Disneyworld https://people.com/travel/stuck-on-the-couch-heres-how-to-take-a-virtual-ride-on-your-favorite-disney-attractions/