INTERMEDIATE REGION CHOIR
1/25/20 (snow date 2/1/20)
Begins at 8:30 am, but you will get a more specific time as we get closer to the date.
Community Middle School
95 Grovers Mill Road
If you are accepted to Region Chorus, this will be the rehearsal schedule:
2/14/20 Intermediate Chorus Rehearsal TBA 5:00 pm-9:00 pm
2/15/20 Intermediate Chorus Rehearsal TBA 9:00 am-1:00 pm
2/28/20 Intermediate Chorus Rehearsal TBA 5:00 pm-9:00 pm
2/29/20 Intermediate Chorus Rehearsal TBA 9:00 am-1:00 pm
3/6/20 Intermediate Chorus Rehearsal (Snow Date) Monroe Township Middle School 5:00pm - 9:00pm
3/7/20 Intermediate Chorus Dress Rehearsal Monroe Township Middle School 9:00 am-1:00 pm
3/8/20 Intermediate Chorus Concert Monroe Township High School 3:00 pm
You must let me know if you are planning to audition AND register at the attached link BY FRIDAY 11/15 (two weeks from today).
There is a $15 fee to audition. If your registration is late, it is an extra $20 (so don't register late!!!).
If you are accepted, there is an additional $20 fee for the sheet music.
As I mentioned, PLEASE contact me if you are interested, on the fence, or have any questions or concerns. Also, if you are planning to audition, I will be happy to help you prepare if you make an appointment with me before school.
1. Singing of an ascending and descending one octave major scale on either the syllable “la” or the scale syllables (do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, do (breath) do, ti, la, so, fa, mi, re, do) to establish tonal ability and appropriate voice range. Quarter Note = 88 bpm. The pitch will be given by piano, electronic keyboard or pitch pipe.
- Soprano 1 — F above middle C to F2
- Soprano 2 — Eb above middle C to Eb2
- Alto — Bb below middle C to Bb above Middle C
- Cambiata — Five note scale, starting note at the discretion of the school director, based on student’s vocal comfort
- Baritone — D above middle C descending only
2. A Cappella singing of melody, 1st verse, of America (My Country ‘Tis of Thee). The
starting note will be given as follows:
- Soprano 1 — Bb (octave above middle C)
- Soprano 2 — F (4th scale step above middle C)
- Alto — C (middle C)
- Cambiata — (starting note will be at the discretion of the school director based on student’s vocal comfort)
- Baritone — G (below middle C)
3. Singing back one ascending and one descending interval after listening to it on a recording
- minor 2nd
- major 2nd
- minor 3rd
- major 3rd
- perfect 4th
- perfect 5th
4. You should also be prepared to sing the quartet using the voice part for which you are auditioning. The quartet is Come with Me and Be My Love. Cambiata voices should follow the baritone part. It is acceptable for cambiata and baritone voices to move notes up and down the octave as necessary.