Art Club 6, 7, 8 All Year After school
Designed to meet on a weekly basis, the Art Club schedule may involve alternating weeks to allow for groups larger than can be accommodated in one lab setting. Students are encourage to work on group projects, individual pieces or club designed assignments for the good of the school. Students should have an interest in art, but individual talent is not a factor for membership. All are welcome.
Cross Country Club 6, 7, 8 Spring After school
The Running Club was developed as an alternative activity/exercise for students who are limited to only a couple of fall sports. This will include some elementary running skills, distance recording and fitness games to create some interest in running cross-country.
Our goal: That the runners that pass through our program develop in the following way:
- Athletes will realize that cross-country is not only a sport, but also a lifetime activity decreasing the rate of obesity, hypertension, high cholesterol and diabetes.
- Success is being the best they can be every day.
- They develop a love of the sport, or at least an understanding and appreciation for cross-country.
- Leave our program with a good work ethic, a feeling that things worth having are worth working hard for.
- Learn to work cooperatively with other teammates.
- Instill self-confidence with what they have accomplished during the season.
- Hopefully, this exposure will create an excitement about running, attracting many more students to pursue cross-country at the high school level.
Future Film Makers Club 6, 7, 8 All Year After School
The Future Film Makers is an after school group allowing students to write, create and develop their very own films. The students use their story-telling skills with the available communication technology of today. They are challenged to tell a story in only 15 seconds. The finale to all of this hard work is the annual 15 Second Film Festival held each spring. Here we celebrate the creativity of our students as they show their films to an audience in grand fashion complete with red carpet and popcorn.
Golf Club 6, 7, 8 Spring After school
Whether you enjoy golf, or would like to just give it a try, this is an excellent place to be each spring. This club will afford you the opportunity to learn the basics of grip, alignment, stance and posture, swing fundamentals and athletic shift.
Newspaper Club 6, 7, 8 All Year After school
Newspaper Club publishes several papers a year and is open to students in 6-8th grade. Students investigate, create, and publish their own news stories. It meets every other week from September through June.
Science Club 6, 7, 8 All Year After school
Science Club meets every other Thurs. from 3:15-4:00 and is available for any student in grades 6-8. In the science club students complete labs involving biology, earth science, and physics, and general science topics. Club members will also design and implement projects to help CMS go green.
Spanish Club 6, 7, 8 All Year After school
The Spanish Club is open to All Students 6 - 8 grades. We currently meet every other Wednesday from 3 - 4 pm. We explore Spanish Cooking, Spanish Music, Spanish Theatrics, Spanish Arts & Crafts, and Spanish Games.
Student Government 6, 7, 8 All Year 7:40 am Alternating Thursdays
Meets every other Thursday, 7:45 a.m. to 8:10 from September to May. Student Government is open to all students and the more students involved the better. Some of the activities Student Government Sponsors are:
- Birthday board/ pencil
- 6th grade Halloween Party
- Toy Collection
- 8th grade Volleyball game
- Pennies for Patients
- 6th grade bowling party
- Good Luck Grams
- Backpack collection